CNC Indexing & Feeding Technologies is currently searching for a National Sales Manager. Major markets serviced include CNC machine tool OEM’s, industrial distributors, and manufacturing end users. Our major product lines include a variety of rotary tables, barfeeding equipment, and high pressure coolant systems.
This position requires successful sales management and key account sales with the demonstrated ability to rapidly grow sales levels. Manufacturing and Machine Tool Application experience is also important. Experience in dealing with large OEM’s and National Distributors is highly desirable. The individual must be able to work in a small company, high pressure environment, with the ability to identify and solve problems.
The ideal candidate must be highly motivated and willing to travel. This job will be based in the Cincinnati, Ohio, area. The national sales manager’s primary focus will be to prospect and develop new accounts and new business at existing accounts. To do this, they must be able to interact with engineering departments and be able to develop influential relationships with distributors and purchasing contacts.
The successful candidate will exhibit strong communication skills, be able to multi-task and prioritize their workload, have strong negotiable skills, be a team player, and work with minimal supervision. Computer skill sets are to include but not be limited to Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Office, and ACT.
- Prospect and develop new customers within a national territory. This activity will be focused on large scale distribution and OEM arrangements.
- Develop new sales leads, quote customers, and provide technical support as needed.
- Tracking, evaluating, recruiting, training, and motivating, regional distributors in all 50 states and Canada.
- Establish sales forecasts and secure sales orders according to goals.
- Manage service and support staff.
- Responsible for recommending pricing levels to the company president for products both for standard price lists, as well, as for all quotations that are not at standard prices.
- Control expenses per agreed upon budget.
- Educate customers on products, service, warranties, and technical support Interface with factories abroad.
- Assist customers with product selection, proper application of products, and trouble-shooting.
- Clearly documenting problems, issues, or deviations, from the standard procedures.
- Bachelors Degree in business engineering or the equivalent specialty strongly preferred.
- 5 years experience in the industrial outside sales.
- Technical experience in Machine Tool Components an asset
- Application engineering experience.
- Willingness to travel extensively (50-75%) to visit dealers and customers in assigned territory.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong business relationships.
- Ability to initiate sales contacts and complete sales contracts.
- Excellent human relations skills to prepare and deliver formal presentations to customers.
- Knowledge of computerized spreadsheet, email, word processing, and presentation programs.
- Ambition and professionalism a must.